09 January 2005

My second reference to California girls

I tell you what. Football. It's something. It's on what, three days max per week, yet it manages to captivate me, nearly every other 12-59 year old man, and a good number of women every week. Maybe it's the parity, maybe it's the hard hitting, who the fuck knows, who cares. It's without a doubt the most entertaining professional sport today. And today I had a reason to be awake, with the start of the new season, where as the always entertaining Herm Edwards said "all teams are 0-0." Now I take this man with a grain of salt, as he also said that "You play to win the game, not to lose" and "You got to be on the bus. Some people sit in the back, some in the front, but to win in the playoffs, you have to be on the bus."

Anyway - those fucking Jets won. I have no reason to hate them other than that I'm a Giants fan and it's the same as if I cheered for the Mets at any point- it just doesn't feel right. And Ladanian is quite possibly the best back in the league, so why root for the Jets? Oh, and San Diego. Aside from being conservative, I'd love to live there. Those fucking hot women and sunny days.....

Right, football...I didn't pick either team that won today, which bodes well for Bellagio and the Stardust next weekend. Well, at least I get the free top-shelf liquor. So I'll be drunk when I lose money. That'll make for a pleasant time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home