02 February 2005

Yeesh.

This past week has been something out of a tax code...long and uneventful. Being unemployed is boring. It's insomnia, constipation, and vomiting mixed into one long expulsion of energy and wasted mental capacity. I mean for godssakes, I know that I would do a better job than 33% of the current population of DC's entry-level employed population without more than a 50% effort 35 hours a week. Yet I'm on the other side looking in, after four years of going to school in DC, about 7 internships, and a campaign job. Tight job market? Apparently. I've applied to a shit-load of jobs, some not even government relations-related. Problem is - few things even seem that appealing. The excitement and unbridled enthusiasm (forgive the cliche) of the past five months of my employed life seem to tower over any job opportunities I've thus far been presented with. Picky? I suppose...but I haven't even had the chance to be picky with job offers, because I haven't been offered a job. Here's to hoping that some of these hill jobs and other random craps that I've applied for hits big, or that I come upon some sort of inner-epiphany matched with an outer-explosion of that 'perfect job' or at least one that I'll apply to because it pays well. Because if not, I can see it now...waitering/serving/temping for a few months, here I come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home