05 February 2005

Super Bowl, or how i learned to stop worrying and hate the super bowl

I'm sick and tired of hearing about the Super Bowl. How many stories are we hearing about the following topics?

-Return of TO
-Vinatieri's specialness
-Incredible coaches
-Last year's halftime show and this year's censorship

I find it perhaps most ironic that a network that has previously aired "Who's Your Daddy," a television show about a woman trying to find her biological father, "World's Scariest fill in the blank," and every other piece of disgusting garbage is censoring Mickey Rourke's ass, a Bud commercial about Janet Jackson and who knows what else from the Superbowl. What kind of shit ass hypocritical society do we live in? I couldn't care less what kind of crap is on the Superbowl's halftime or commercials. More power to the commercial advertisers who think an 85-year old man's ass is going to sell more cold medicine. I understand, I don't have children, but can't our society handle censoring our own fucking children? For God's sake, the fcc really can go to hell.

Oh and as to the game - I'm going back and forth on how it's going to go. Pats can really kill them, but then again, it could be a real close game. I gave the Colts and Steelers the benefit of the doubt, so I don't know if I should do the same for the Eagles...the Pats are from such a superior conference, it's an embarassment. Then again, Superbowls often don't go as scheduled (see Pats upsetting Rams)...with that said, I also don't know who to root for. Eagles are in my team's (Giants) division, so it hurts to root for them, but Pats could end up being far too dynastic for my liking. Yankees should be the only recent dynasty, but I'll be rooting for the Nats to begin a new late 2000 decade string of championships. All this leads me to go with the following prediction:

Pats 34 - Eagles 24

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home