17 February 2005

Things I'm excited for

In honor of my impending return to the District (I move down towards the end of next week, still jobless, mind you), a list of the things I am looking forward to:

1. A high-speed internet connection, and not having to use my mom's Juno dialup

2. Adam's Morgan/Woodley Park area - this is my new home. I am pumped to be able to walk 10 minutes to the best bars in DC and be able to stumble home a few hours later.

3. Living in an apartment. Living in a house was fun, with a backyard and all, but we actually had to take care of shit. This way, we don't have to worry about shoveling, don't have to put the garbage out every other day.

4. The Nationals - this is huge. I love baseball and not having to sit through shitty Orioles games (although with Sosa they may become a bit more fun) after 45 minute drives is clutch. Also, I don't have to worry about whether or not to root for the Nationals. With the O's there was the whole NY thing and I couldn't root for them, even if they were as sad as they've been the past few years. Nats, good or bad, will be my team.

5. Getting out of this house - I have been stuck in reverse life for the past 2 months. I wake up at 2 or 3pm and stay up til 5 or 6 am. While this is fun on a Saturday or Sunday after drinking the night away, it's fucking disconcerting 7 days a week. I barely see sunlight, and hardly know what day it is. I'm a vampire. And while a return to DC doesn't mean immediate changes to my schedule, I'm heading in the right direction.

6. Friends...well people I hang out with at least. Hard to say wehther many of them are actually 'friends.' But people here in my hometown are few and far between, and people I care for are even more so. I'll be sad to leave my friends, but very excited to get back to the ones I have in the district.

7. A...........JOB?? Well no guarantees, as that would make the unemployed democrat an employed democrat (unless I have to join the Greens or something for a job). While I have no solid opportunities right now, I am just one interview away from getting something good. Optimism is difficult in this market, but I somehow believe in my strengths. And with the knowledge I have of some of the people I know having jobs that can't spell on a fourth grade level - I should be a lock...to at least be a shitty assistant... ha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home