07 February 2005

Pea - Tear Griffin

Well, looks like I wasn't too far off on my SB prediction. Had the winner right, but they didn't beat the spread. Overall, pretty boring game, and the lack of entertaining commercials really stunk...I mean honestly, what happened to the days of the Bud Bowl, the frogs, anything even mildly entertaining. Instead we're left with Dennis Rodman in a hot tub and monkeys and children galore.

I had been watching those old highlight reel shows on ESPN2 and realized that the mid-90's games up until 2000 with Dyson almost making it into the end zone but being stuffed on the one really were some great games. I'm not sure what it is, maybe since the Giants blew up their chance at winning a championship in '01, or my lack of a rooting interest in tonight's game - really hating the Eagles but not particularly wanting the Pats to win either - made for a bad game tonight.

And American Dad - what a disgrace. First of all, for the guy to be a hardcore conservative is upsetting in its own right. Secondly, the jokes were so far off the mark, it wasn't even funny in a bad way. It was the worst kind of Family Guy ripoff from the show's own creator - who woulda expected that. It's not like he doesn't have access to the same material for both shows.

At least it's a new week, right!!! Whoo. Three more weeks til my birthday (and the mid-20s - sounds like shit) and my return to DC. Should be fun when I am essentially broke and have to pay rent. However, I'm excited to get back down there, where I will have an opportunity to lead a normal life.

Ah well, three more weeks of movies, video games, books and maybe some temp work, interspersed with more job searching.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home